Need Water Removal, Mold Clean Up and More? Don’t risk your health by doing it yourself.

Homeowners often think that they can handle any water removal and mold cleanup project themselves, but this is not always the case. In fact, many homeowners end up contracting out the job because they don’t want to take the risk of getting sick or injuring themselves while working on their property.

What is Mold?

Mold is a fungus that grows in moist and warm environments, such as homes and businesses. It can form when organic material, such as food or dust, is allowed to grow and collect on surfaces that are not properly cleaned or ventilated. Mold can release toxic chemicals that can harm your health.

If you think you may have mold, here are some tips on what to do:

– Check the air quality in your home by using an air quality monitor or by checking for signs of a gas leak. If the levels are high, call a professional to investigate.

– If you think you have mold, try to remove any visible mold with a wet cloth or a vacuum cleaner with a wet cloth attached. If the mold is visible in multiple areas of the home, it may be best to call a professional.

– If you do not have access to a wet cloth or vacuum cleaner, try to mix 1 cup of white vinegar in 1 gallon of water and pour it into the affected area. Leave the area for 24 hours so the vinegar can kill the mold.  Learn more about Mold Remediation  here.

– If you still cannot remove the mold, call a professional.

Remember: always wear gloves when cleaning up any kind of mold.

Causes of Mold

Mold can be caused by a number of things, but the most common culprits are moisture and air. If your home or workplace is damp, mold will grow rapidly. Other causes include leaking roofs, defective HVAC systems, and water damage from storms or floods.

If you think you may have mold, don’t take any risks. Contact a professional to assess the situation and start the cleanup process. Here are some tips to prevent mold from growing in the first place:

1. Keep your home or workplace dry. Remove water leaks and excess moisture as soon as possible.

2. Keep your windows and doors closed when it’s humid outside. Air conditioning can also help reduce moisture levels indoors.

3. Clean and seal any cracks in walls or ceilings that might allow moisture into your home or office.

4. Avoid using humidifiers in your home or office unless they’re specifically designed for use with mold (many humidifiers aren’t). Mold cannot grow in a dry environment, but it can grow rapidly in an environment that’s constantly moistened by vaporized water from a humidifier or from indoor plumbing that’s leaking onto the floor.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

If you’re like most people, you probably think of mold as something you see in the movies or on TV. But mold is all around us, and it can cause serious health problems if you breathe it in, touch it, or eat it.

Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture and heat – in your home, office, school, and even outdoors on trees and grasses. The most common places to find mold are in damp basements, crawlspaces, and attics; in bathrooms with dirty water leaks; and near sources of water damage (like flooded basements).

How to Test for Mold

If you are considering doing your own mold remediation, it is important to first test for the presence of mold. There are a few ways to do this, but the most reliable method is to use a black light. If there is visible mold present, you will need to take additional steps to remove it.

One of the most common ways that mold can contaminate your home is through water damage. If you have had water damage in the past, be sure to clean up any debris and get rid of any wet surfaces. This includes cleaning up any water that has seeped into the subfloor below your flooring as well. If possible, install MoldBeGone insulation in areas where water may have entered your home in the past.

Mold can also grow on organic material such as wood, paper, or cotton. If you think you may have a problem with mold, be sure to clean all of these materials up as well. Use a wood cleaner specifically designed for treating wood surfaces, and make sure to wear gloves while doing so. Never use strong chemicals on organic materials; they can damage both the material and your health.

How to Get Rid of Mold Yourself

If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want to think about cleaning up mold or getting rid of water removal. But if it’s something that needs to be done, don’t risk your health by doing it yourself. Here are four tips on how to do it safely:

1. Consult with a professional. Unless you’re an experienced cleaner, it’s best to consult with a professional before beginning any cleaning project. They can help you identify the problem and recommend the safest way to clean it.

2. Use a mask and gloves. When you’re cleaning up mold, wear a mask and gloves to protect your skin from spores. Also, keep in mind that some molds produce toxic substances that can harm your health if breathed in or ingested.

3. Use a vacuum cleaner with proper attachments. If you have a proper vacuum cleaner and attachments, use them to remove mold and water droplets from the surface. Make sure to use the right setting for the surface you’re cleaning – for example, hardwood floors should be cleaned with a higher power setting than carpeting.

4. Store cleaned items in a sealed container or bag. Once you’ve cleaned something, make sure to store it in a sealed container or bag to avoid mold growth.

What to Do if You Find Mold

If you’ve found mold, water removal is probably your top priority. Mold spores are highly toxic, so make sure to wear a mask and gloves while cleaning up. If the mold is in high-traffic areas, like a living room or kitchen, it’s best to call a professional.

If you’re cleaning up only small areas, like a bathroom or bedroom, use a bucket and sponge. Pour clean water over the area until it fills the bucket; then use the sponge to suds up the water and scrub. Be sure to wear gloves and a mask to avoid breathing in mold spores. Once the area is clean, dry it off with a cloth or paper towel.

If you do decide to tackle the job yourself, be sure to follow these safety tips:

–Wear protective clothing including gloves, a face mask, and safety goggles

–Use caution when entering any enclosed space with mold – such as an attic or basement – because the spores can be very deadly

–Keep children and pets away from the area while you’re cleaning up –Clean the area with a detergent and water mixture, rinsing off the mold with clean water before drying –If the mold is in high-traffic areas, such as a living room or kitchen, call a professional Remember to dry the area completely before returning it to use.

Conclusion

Whether you’ve been left with water damage after a storm, or have discovered mold growing in your home, don’t risk your health by trying to clean it all up yourself. Trust the professionals at Advanced Restoration Services to do the job right, and leave your home safe and dry as soon as possible. We offer a wide range of services that will help you get back to normal as quickly as possible. Give us a call today!

Leave a Reply